So, here's a short list of tinsy tiny white lies that I've told Celeste but this could well go into the hundreds ....
- "No, sorry darling, The Tweenies have finished."
- "Eat it; it's lovely."
- "Not now, sweetheart, I'm working." When, of course, I'm on twitter.
- "The park is closed."
- "If you don't brush your teeth, the dentist man will come and take them all away and then you won't be able to eat anything." (Well, it's nearly true).
- "It's bedtime." At 4:45 pm.
- "We haven't got any chocolate." I never run out
- "Oh, no. The VCR isn't working so we can't watch that video of Suzi Quatro singing nursery rhymes circa 1985."
- "Did you make that for me? Thank you; it's lovely." Very often, this one.
- "No, no, it's OK, it didn't hurt."
Feel free to add any of your own fibs to this list...