Wednesday, 29 July 2009

Wednesday was Rained Off

We didn't venture out of the house today. Not once. We haven't seen another living being.

I'm not adverse to a bit of rain but today in Weston-super-Mare (and many other places across this green land, I suspect), there has been no let-up and this morning a mini-tornado passed over the Bristol Channel. Oh, good, let's stay all cosy and dry indoors then.

We finally climbed out of our jim-jams around midday although I now think we should have left them on. TV girl watched some CBeebies, I did some social networking, we played dance music on my new-to-me sound system (fabulous sound, massive speakers) and danced, we lounged about in my bed with books and the telly, she did some gluing, cutting and sticking, I cooked dinner: we've eaten our way through Wednesday.

Every evening after story time - she's totally hooked on The Gruffalo and we've read nothing else since I bought it last week - we play back the day.

"What did you do today?" I asked.

"I go to pre-school."

"Nooooo, it's the holidays."

"I go to the park?" Try again.

"I go to the woods?"

"No."

A smile crosses her pretty face: a revelation.

"I have spaghetti bolognese."

"Yes, you did."

And that's about it. 'It was very tasty, Mummy,' she forgot to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment