Friday, 21 August 2009

A Calm Approach

This morning I found myself tired, grumpy and not at one with my role as mother/father/chef/playmate/ police officer/teacher/bum wiper etc. A later night than I would ever recommend any mother have (Midnight: buzzing on coffee and nicotine, no less) and a few hours of disturbed sleep had left me irritable and impatient with my Angel. I snapped, I shouted and, I'm ashamed to say, I swore - bad, bad behaviour and not the sort of conduct that I want my daughter to witness and, worse, emulate.

Way back when I was pregnant, I bought (and started reading) Sarah Napthali's "Buddhism for Mothers: a Calm Approach to Caring for yourself and your children."

I think it's time to finish it!

Night night xx

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=tl3vxxH-mH8C&dq=buddism+mothers+napthali&printsec=frontcover&source=bn&hl=en&ei=b96OSt_WBODajQeK4L38DQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4#v=onepage&q=&f=false

1 comment:

  1. At last, proof that you are indeed,HUMAN!!!
    Don't sweat the small things, celebrate the wins.

    ReplyDelete